Wolfe Associates advises senior management of Brazilian and international companies and banks facing crises which treaten the organisation’s integrity, reputation and strategic interests.
Our crisis management services enable companies to prevent, plan for and respond to a range of serious problems which threaten these companies conducting business in complex and hostile environments, where the legal systems cannot be relied on adequately to protect the company’s legitimate interests.
Crisis situations may from resulting from:
- Defective / contaminated / counterfeit products resulting in damage to life and property
- Fraud and improper conduct
- Corruption, extortion, blackmail
- Suspicious death
- Organizational crime
- Organized crime
- Money laundering
- Negligence by external auditors
- Inadequate and improper conduct involving employees, including drug abuse and sexual misconduct
- Government corruption and bid rigging
- Modern slavery: human trafficking and forced labour
Effective crisis management:
- Renders a potentially unacceptable investment/venture viable.
- Enables the client to understand the exposure – it knows what it is getting into.
- Enables the client to balance the risk/reward ratio when assessing/evaluating investments in complex and hostile environments.
- Avoids potential risks.
- Minimises the impact of potential risks.
- Manages the ongoing event/situation/crisis as opposed to simply managing the results of the risk.
- Creates a structured environment which:
- Protects the organization, its executives employees and partners from the general country environment
- Provides incentives to act with transparency, ethics and integrity
- Encourages respect, dignity, cooperation and the ability to count on each other for support.